Monday, January 5, 2009

Goizueta EvMBA Leadership Academy 2008

I graduated from the GBS Evening MBA Leadership Academy last Spring, and it was one of the best professional development opportunities I had undertaken apart from enrolling at Goizueta in March of 2006. Anne Kocurek was the director of the program and leadership coach, while Peter Topping was the professor. Aside from our couse text (his book,) Managerial Leadership, our Saturday seminars were always very interesting and insightful. In particular, the "Leadership Diamond" is a great way to assess your own effectiveness as a leader and make changes where necessary.

We also attended experiential events which truly succeeded in ripping us out of our comfort zones. One was at the Whole World Theater in Downtown Atlanta, an improvisation course. Another was a teambuilding/bad-habit-busting cooking class which pitted four teams of wannabe chefs against each other in an iron-chef like competition. Of course our team won...who doesn't love Pampas steak with a seafood paella. :)


Another requirement of the program was to post three blog entries related to book/article reviews and experiences in the class. I've linked to them below; otherwise I'm working on importing them completely into my Blogger blog just in case Emory decides to discontinue their site.

The Power of Prayer - Zero Church Project - 12/11/2007
During Fall Break this semester I had the honor of attending an intimate Roches concert at the Michael C. Carlos museum reception hall. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the semi-sextet of …

Book Review: Beyond Success - 3/30/2008
Newly-minted Blame Buster and Starfish Thrower, Rob Feltus …

Generations in the Workplace - 4/15/2008
aka Son of a Son of a Silent ...

Finally, I'd like to extend a debt of gratitude to Anne and Professor Topping. I would recommend this program to any and all.

No comments: